Amelia Island Culinary Academy (904) 515-6863
What is Citron Confit?
Citron Confit is preserved Amelia Island lemons that are used as a seasoning and flavor enhancer.
How would I use Citron Confit?
Remove a slice of Citron Confit from the jar. Trim away the pulp and discard. Dice or julienne the rind into small pieces. Add the Citron Confit to your dish!
Do I need to cook Citron Confit before I eat it or use it for cooking?
No! Citron Confit can be eaten and used raw, OR it can be added as an ingredient and cooked.
What does Citron Confit taste like?
Citron Confit tastes like a burst of Florida Sunshine! Citron Confit adds an intriguing and delicious depth of flavor to your favorite dishes!
Made from lemons grown on sunny, beautiful Amelia Island - it adds a burst of Florida Sunshine to every dish!
2 Tablespoons Citron Confit, diced
1 Cup Green Olives, pitted
1 Tablespoons Capers, rinsed
2 Garlic Cloves, minced
1 Tablespoon Whole Grain Mustard
2 Tablespoons Mixed Herbs (Thyme, Parsley, & Chives)
2 Ounces Olive Oil
1. Remove the pulp from the rind. Dice the rind.
2. Pulse the olives in a food processor to a chunky consistency.
3. Add the remaining ingredients and pulse to combine.
4. Adjust the consistency with additional olive oil as needed.
Citron Confit Recipes:
CITRON CONFIT VINAIGRETTE
½ garlic clove, paste
1 Tablespoon Dijon
2 ounces rice wine vinegar
1 Tablespoon chopped herbs
Salt & Pepper To Taste
4 ounces vegetable oil
1 ounce olive oil
½ teaspoon Citron Confit juice
2 Tablespoons Citron Confit rind, brunoise
1. Combine all ingredients except the oils and citron confit rind.
2. Emulsify the oils into the other ingredients.
3. Adjust seasoning. Stir in the citron confit rind
The Amelia Island Culinary Academy
25 SOUTH 3RD STREET
Historic Downtown FERNANDINA BEACH
on Amelia Island, FLORIDA